Welcome to Wyatt Elementary!
The Wyatt Elementary PTA would like to extend a warm welcome to you and your family! We hope you find all the information you need to get your child started this year. If there is anything we can do to make this new experience easier for you or your family, please don't hesitate to contact the Newcomers Coordinator, Tripti Sarda. Have a great year!
NEW TO WYATT?
New Student Registration Requirements
The following information is needed to enroll at Wyatt:
- Proof of residency such as an electric bill or gas bill (not water bills) or a copy of a current lease agreement.
- Physician signed immunization record
- Certified birth certificate
- Copy of last report card
- Student social security card (if available)
Children may be picked up in one of the following ways:
- Walkers are picked up by caregivers at the front of the school by the flagpole. Depending on the child's grade level, walkers are also picked up at the south exits of the school. Walker exits will be made available at Meet the Teacher Day, usually a few days before school starts.
- Car-poolers are dropped off and picked up at the front of the school (Coit Carpool) in the carpool line OR opposite of the gym exit entering carpool lane from Gifford near church (Gifford Carpool). See the diagram at right for more details. Caregivers should place a sheet of paper in their windshield with the child’s name and grade in large letters.
- Bus riders will receive information by mail from the transportation department prior to the start of school. Phone: (469) 752-0780
- Bike riders must leave their bikes at the bike racks, located at the south/east corner near the gym.
Children may bring their lunch from home or they may buy a lunch at school. If buying lunch, money should be placed in the child’s lunch account at https://www.schoolcafe.com/
prior to the start of school or may be sent to school with the child at any time during the year.School Schedule
Children should be in their classrooms as close to 7:30 AM as possible to allow them time to acclimate and get comfortable before the day begins. The school day begins at 7:40 AM; children are counted as tardy after 7:40 AM. School is dismissed at 2:45 PM; children will not be allowed to enter the school after 3pm to retrieve forgotten items due to security reasons.Sick Child
If a child is sick, it is imperative that the caregivers call the school Childsafe Line at (469) 752-3800 and dial 3 to leave the child’s name, grade, teacher, and reason for absence on the voice mail. When an absent child returns to school, you MUST bring a note explaining their absence or the absence will be counted as unexcused.Link to PISD Newcomer Information
How can I get involved at Wyatt?
- Receive Wyatt communications – sign up for eNews at elist.pisd.edu, text “Follow @WyattElemPTA” to 40404 for text reminders (you can follow us on Twitter @WyattElemPTA too!), & join the “Wyatt Elementary PTA” Facebook page.
- Participate in FREE fundraising – sign up your Kroger, Tom Thumb, Target and Amazon accounts to benefit Wyatt PTA, clip BoxTops For Education from your groceries, and drop your donated clothes off in the blue bins in the Wyatt parking lots (see our community partnerships page for more information).
- Attend school events and show your school spirit - check the website home page and calendar for upcoming activities.
- Use our online system at https://wyattpta.membershiptoolkit.com/home to: join Wyatt PTA, put your family’s information in our online directory, sign up to volunteer (there are opportunities to fit all schedules, lifestyles, and skills!), purchase spirit wear and encourage your child to wear Wyatt gear every Friday.
Thanks for supporting PTA by being an active member of our Wyatt community!